Thursday, October 30, 2008

This is more than I imagined

I never imagined feeling so much love and joy in my heart. The past two days have been amazing for me. I don't mean that in a selfish way. I say it out of thanksgiving. I have been overwhelmed by the love God has shown me and my family through others. It all began Wednesday morning in the OR as we preppred for my C-Section. ALL of the staff in the OR that morning was so kind. I was so afraid, but God comforted me through them. I didn't expect to have that much fear. Thankfully Dr. Strickland, Heather Mitchell, Corbitt, Vickie and several others were there to be used as angels to help me through. And I hope I'm not blowing his cover, Dr. Strickland is a big joker, but don't let that fool ya! I truly believe that God sent him to give me peace. I'll never forget him helping me through the spinal and bringing me warm blankets.
After all the prep I look over and there is my "Precious J-Rat". He looked so "McDreamy"! The blue scrubs, face mask and cap set off those handsome blue eyes. We were all there ready for Baby B.
Now two days have passed and I still feel overwhelmed. I never imagined that I could love a child so much or love my husband more. They are both such precious gifts.

No comments: