Friday, January 16, 2009

The Coldest Day of Finley's Life

It was a record breaker in Brunswick today! Way too cold to be out, kind of, at least on Coastal Georgia terms. Finley and I were up and about around 6:30 and ready to take on the day, but it was so cold we went back to sleep (no clinical today). She's turned into the sleeping buddy I've always looked for! No offense to Daddy J. He's just a go-getter and is out of bed way too early even when there's no job or chore the to-do list. I like to get my Zs. I think I get it from dad. We like to sleep until thirty minutes before the time clock starts the day. . .but God blessed us with spouses that know how to get our rear ends out of bed in the morning! I don't know if my mom knows what snooze is. I know Miss Judy doesn't. Seven-thirty is late for her. Wow. So our day started a little later. I think we're entitled though. We don't get snow days down here. We do get hurricane days, but those are spent boarding up and evacuating, not chillun' in front of the fire.
Now that I've justified a delay in studying I've got make up for a few missed hours. This weekend on Iron Nurse America--Battle Cardiology. I thought I could get the med-surg reading done this afternoon. Yeah right. It's all about reading "strips". Going to have to call on Big Daddy for help. Right now all those little EKG lines look mostly alike.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I hope it has warmed up since Friday. Nate had the coldest day of his life on Thursday.... a high of -5. That's not a good day for anyone.... :)