Sunday, December 28, 2008

Today was. . .




Today was an absolute blessing. I've been feeling quite overwhelmed the past two weeks. I thought school would get out and I would be able to get everything done. I could wrap presents, decorate the house, finish Finley's nursery, make a dent in thank you notes . . . I may have gotten two of those things half-way done. I've pretty much felt like a failure. Until today I haven't been able to figure out why I couldn't manage my life all of a sudden. Then Beebe came to me, with her tough but sweet spirit, and told me that I needed stop trying to be in control, to basically let go and let God. I knew I needed to do this, but felt like I was asking too much of family and friends. I have four more months of nursing school. Are they going to feel burned out or what? Mom, dad and Jarrett have reassured me this is what they're here for. I'm finally accepting their offer. It's just hard not to do it all my self, but doing it all my self is what the world expects not my Heavenly Father. I think I'm going to get the hang of it. It will be interesting to see what else God has to teach me. I just have to stay positive and be like Heidi Klum, an eternal optimist! I saw her E! THS this morning. She had tough times and kept pushing forward--gotta do the same. Sorry for the Hollywood analogy :) E! is my escape. Oh--and All My Children.
Here are some Christmas pictures. They're overdue!

No comments: