Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Just Another Manic Monday"


I love beltin' out this tune with Suzanne Vaga, but yesterday when I learned what a Manic Monday truly is. . . well, this song got dumped from the playlist. Let me explain.
The morning was going so well. I had pumped twice, Finley was eating and I felt ready for my test. Then I looked at the course calendar (the third revision). Mom could leave early today because class was out at four. . . because class started at 11:45.. .it was 12:45. I had missed the test!!!!! I didn't know if I would be allowed to make it up or what. If any of you are familiar with the nursing school instructors you know what I'm talking about. They are as hard core as any weight trainer at FLETC. With all of the arrangements they've made since Finley's birth I thought this would be the straw that broke the camel's back.
Thank goodness for dear Hailey Bailey. She calmed my nerves and sent me to Miss Liz (our first semester clinical instructor)who can turn almost any situation into a positive. To make a long story short, I take the test on Friday and they will take five points off of my composite test score. So much for that A or B I was hoping for. . . maybe I can still pull out a B. I'm not too worried though. I think I made an A in babymakin'! Just kidding.
Any way that was just the test. My entire household (that includes mom these days) is in the middle of makeup madness. I have three more days of clinical next week after the final. I should be doing eight hour shifts, but for some reason they're making me do twelve hour shifts. Thank goodness mom has lived with a nurse for over 35 years. She seems to understand the craziness. Jarrett just wants me to be through for a while. He says no more babies during school!
Thanks to dear friends at school I'm making it through. God has placed incredible nurses-to-be in my life. . .they know all about some therapeutic communication!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Court,
I bet you're close to losing it. There is no stress like school stress. Balancing a new baby with nursing school often feels insurmountable, I imagine. You are in my thoughts and prayers every day.
Love you!!
Erin