Thursday, October 2, 2008

Retirement. . . really?

I was shocked today. . . I got a phone call from mom. . .my Papaw's last day at The Rome City Transit Department is tomorrow! You have got to be kidding me? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. For those of you who don't know my Papaw, he put the "busy" in busy body. He retired from driving a city/school bus several years ago, but just couldn't stay away from work. He stayed on with the transit department as the "shelter man", as I like call it. When I lived in Rome it was such a treat to see Papaw on my way to work. He'd be checking the bus stops in his little white truck! What a way to start the day. . .he'd be just as excited to see me (I think :)). So, I'm thrilled for Papaw. It's time for him to enjoy some unstructured time (I can't tell you how long he's been getting up at 3:30 in the a.m. to be a work).
Here's to my homeboy's new life of chillun'! Love you Papaw--Corkie

No comments: