Saturday, October 25, 2008

Race training slightly delayed

Jarrett and I had a bit of a scare on Monday at our regular Dr. Strickland visit. We were expecting the usual plus ultrasound pictures. It was hard to sleep Sunday night. We were anxious to see if Baby B would give us a glimpse of his or her face!
Well, Baby B gave us a peek of that sweet face, but wasn't as excited about the morning's events as mom and dad. His/Her heartbeat was not reactive (not accelerating with movement). And the nurses thought the physical measurements were small. After what seemed like LOTS of tense moments and jogging doc's memory we realized that my beta blocker was probably the source of the problem (It's a med I take for mitral valve prolapse that slows my heart. I take a pretty significant dose and needed to continue in pregnancy). Long story short, I cut the b-blocker in half and Baby B is much more excited to be in my uterus these days! I wish he/she would move a little more. I'm giving him/her a few more weeks before road race training starts! Dad made me feel much better tonight. He says Baby B is going to come out sporting a sweatband and "Nike Airs".

No comments: