Monday, September 1, 2008

Hurricanes a comin'?

It seems like it's been forever since I blogged. With school back in I guess I feel like I'm on the computer all the time and have to get a break. School hasn't been too bad though. It might have been a little less to adjust to had our weather not been so wild the first week. Now it looks like the weather, Hurricane Hanna, is going to try and throw a few kinks into our clinical rotation this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it does otherwise. Mom and I are headed to Savannah for my Labor & Delivery clinical this Thursday and Friday. I have been looking forward to it. Memorial Hospital has a Level III nursery and NICU. These are two areas of strong interest for me. I may not be able to handle sick babies though. I definitely don't handle sick eldlerly well. I guess if it's not babes or old folks it'll be the middle-aged ones! Ewww. . . then I'll have to deal with mid-life crises. We've got issues at every age! I'm just kidding. It's my pregnancy hormones coming out. Friends at school say pregnancy has made me fiesty. I hope it tones down before Thursday. Fiesty doesn't do much for bedside manner. I think their comment stems from a laughing outburst in class. There was a lawyer going over abbreviations not to use in patients' charts. One of them was MFC--measure for coffin. I couldn't help but laugh. I would never, ever use such terminology, but as I told dad, in this profession you have to make fun of some not so funny situations (within reason). If not you'll be one depressed nurse. You can't loose sensitivity, but you can't be all stuffy!

No comments: