Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Kung Foo Kickin'

Last night Jarrett and I had one of the most hillarious things ever happen to us. This blog probably won't do it justice. . . it's kind of one of those "guess you had to be there" stories, but I have to share.
So, the baby has been moving for a while now, but it hasn't been strong enough to feel. Last night I thought we should give it a try. I told Jarrett to put his hand on my belly for a while--he was going to have to have patience which is sometimes difficult for him, bless his heart. Not being a nurse his palpation skills seemed a little lacking to me. I told him to press harder. As soon as Jarrett applied pressure Baby B kicked so hard that even I jumped! It was kung foo force! I guess Eli's been sending him/her messages. . .he looks at the belly funny sometimes. I think he's already teaching our babe tricks. It was awesome. It's such a blessing to finally be able to share the action with Jarrett.

1 comment:

Erin said...

How exciting you guys!! There's nothing more special in life than those moments. It's like a secret you carry. Your baby will be kicking throughout the day and only you'll be aware of it. Before you know it, your little miracle will be in your arms. Enjoy every little detail!!!